Friday, January 29, 2016

Answer to prayer

So, my little Enoch has been difficult to work with the last few weeks. Aaron and I have tried to be patient, give good consequences that reflect the behavior he shows, but still nothing seems to help him understand. On a very hard day earlier this week I had to send him to his room for failing to follow directions I gave to him multiple times. When he again refused to go I had no choice but to double the amount of time in his room to show him that I meant business. He finally went, very mad and frustrated. The time pasted and I went to go talk with him. He was still upset and wouldn't talk with me or listen to me. So I told him that I would sit and wait until he was ready to talk. I closed my eyes to relax and said a little prayer that I might understand how to work with him and love him. I didn't have my eyes closed for very long until I heard a soft snore, he had fallen asleep! Relieved that I could move on I left him there to rest. I tried to wake him up for dinner, but he just looked at me as if he were confused and went back to sleep. At 7:30PM I finally decided he was going to bed. I turned out his light, put over the covers and let him sleep. He did so until 3AM, which make a crazy morning, but to have his absence for a few hours that evening helped me see what his personality brings to our family, where his weaknesses are and his strengths. No, life is not perfect now, but I feel I understand him and his struggles a little better and I can have more patience with him, he is different that the rest, but his love is so pure and we need him as he needs us. I know God will hear and answer our prayers.

1 comment:

SmithFamily said...

I'm not a facebook person either :) I have enjoyed your blog Karla! Sounds like you all are doing well.
Kathleen